Thursday, December 18, 2008

Well The Weather Outside Is Frightful....


Our street

The other half of our street

The boys working on a snowman in front of the house

The finished product

Yes for those of my friends and family that are not in Vegas/Henderson, this is it. 10 inches of snow fell between yesterday and last night. It was chaos on the streets and I got stuck in it. I had a doctors appointment at 1:30 yesterday and had to take the kids to my in-laws so they could watch them. It was snowing when I took them there and I figured it would clear up or stop by the time I was done with my appointment. Boy, was I wrong. I got done with my appointment and headed up to Anthem to pick up the kids. Their street is on a hill and I was driving our car. Well I did not make it far up the street before the car started going sideways and then eventually got stuck. So I turned on my hazards and tried everything I knew to do. I ran out of ideas and called my father in-law to come to my rescue. He came down and his truck started revving on it's own and ran him into a light pole (luckily everyone is alright except the bumper on the truck). He brought some door mats down and we put them under my back tires and a couple feet at a time we made it up to their house. Then about an hour later my sister in-law called and she too was stuck even further out than I was. She had about 15 cars behind her and everyone just looked at her and no one was even trying to help her. She was out in high heels and trying to push her car ( I swear people can be so rude). So again Jimbo was out on snow patrol to the rescue. He ended up putting the door mats between the bumpers and pushing Beth up to the house. Brett went to Robert's rescue and got him to my in-laws safely. So my family ended up just camping out at the in-laws last night. We were truly snowed in. Thanks Jimbo and Teri and Brett for all of your help. Other than that the kids had a blast in the snow, building snowmen and making snow angels.

This is how it all started

Yes this is my car STUCK

Mackay and his first snowman

Bubba and his cousin Fenix

The bumper that kissed a pole

4 comments:

Pam said...

That is amazing! I was excited by the snow we had on the mountains around Simi and the frost on our grass but look at all the snow you got! That is crazy....wouldn't it be fun to have a white christmas??

Jaimers said...

I can't believe it! I'm sure it's colder here! I'm glad I didn't get snowed in. Freak storm!

Becky said...

Oh, Mandi I'm so sorry that you got stuck in that! I stayed at home from noon on and pittied the poor soul who had to be out driving in it. Glad your safe!

sophie said...

holy cow! i cant believe it! we just got a tooooon of rain all week....i wish it were snow though!