Saturday, December 5, 2009

Deck The Halls!











Love to deck them. It is the undecking that is a agonizing. So last year I threw away the old bows for the tree that I had made years ago because they were falling apart. My crafty friend Sole came to my rescue and helped me out in making some new ones. I must say the bows look good with the new paint on my walls and that would be thanks to Sole's husband Chance for doing such a great paint job ( if you are looking for a good painter I would highly recommend him).
The kids had been anticipating getting the Christmas decorations up since Halloween (okay so let me be honest so was I). Anyways it was the boys job to set the tree up and get it going and I unpacked all the other decorations. The ornaments are so much fun to go through. Thanks to Robert's mom (Moema) who is very big on the yearly ornaments we have one to remind us of all the past years. Each one having a special meaning behind them. We have all of the ones that she bought for Robert growing up and now she has helped us start them for our kids. Don't get me wrong I love the designer looking trees but I love looking back on the ornaments each year and remembering what the kids were into or what we did that year. We put a twist on our tree we do the ornaments from past years and then to put a touch of "design" to it we put the matching bows and garland.
Now the decorations are up we can sit back and enjoy them.

4 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

Wow! You have a gorgeous and warm home. Love seeing all your holiday decor. Your tree is amazing! And I completely agree, undecking the halls is not fun. ;)

The Hoffmans said...

Looks like a good time! I didnt recognize Joey with his hair shaggy again. Looks cute! Your house looks really good! Im jealous.

Brett and Beth Harris said...

I swear you are soooo Creative! Everything looks fab!

Steph said...

It's absolutely beautiful. And what a great thing Terri has going, carrying on family tradition and helping you and Robert make lasting memories for the kids. It's wonderful! Love you all and miss you.