Monday, August 25, 2008

Mackay's First Day Of Kindergarten


My handsome Kindergartner
Mackay and Mrs. Helseth

Oh my gosh I have a kid in school! It is amazing how fast they grow up. Last night Mackay was very anxious to go to school. He laid out a new pair of clothes and his new shoes. This morning he woke up a little nervous about school. He gave himself a little bit of an upset stomach. We got to school and he was a little unsure. We went into his classroom and the teacher had a little paper out for them to start working on. I showed Mackay where to write his name and as he did I could see his little hand just shaking. Then Rob pointed out that his little upper lip was sweating. He warned me this morning that he did not want to see a "cry show" and so I had to hold back the tears in front of him. Once we got to the car I began to cry. I did not think it would be this hard to let him go to school. However it is only half day and when it came time to pick him up it was like, already. He said that he had a lot of fun and made new friends. He said that he got to help the teacher pick up papers today and he enjoyed that. He is so excited to go back tomorrow. Rob stayed home from work today so we took Mackay to lunch after school. Jonah and Hallie missed Bubba man, so they are going to have to adjust as well.


Brotherly Love
Hallie cleaning her mess at Fazzoli's

9 comments:

Jaimers said...

You say it's hard!?! Sophia started school a year ago and had to go from 9am-3pm straight away! She was only 4 years old. You've got it easy! Fun to see the pics.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Aww! I don't know who I feel worse for...the mommies or the kids at first?! LOL I think most mom's have a SUPER hard time the first time their kids go to school since I am reading a lot if this today. ;) I am NOT looking forward to that myself. Good luck!

Jaimers said...

Sorry, I should be more sympathetic. Maybe I'm turning into a Brit...stiff upper-lip and all! I'm just a sarcastic loser! But, I love you!

Katie said...

ohh, sad! You're baby is in kindergarten?One down, two to go... He looked so cute and very mature, Im sure he was quite the ladies man.

Katrina said...

We made it through the day! I think it was harder on the moms than it was on the kids. I am glad they had fun at school!

The Hoffmans said...

How cute! Its hard to believe that he is 5! I can see why its a tearful day.

Brittany said...

I love the picture of him with his teacher! He looks so excited to be there! I'm glad his first day went well!

Steph said...

he is SUCH a handsome little guy. how exciting for him!
It's hard to let them go...
But that is how they grow...
Ya know???
heehee love you guys...

Pam said...

He is so handsome and I can't believe he is already 5! It goes way too fast and I warn you it just speeds up. That first day is a hard one for a Mom but it gets easier - every year I miss my boys on the first day of school. I love the emergency brake story...so sounds like something I would do! ha ha